Being a versatile coating, Armoloy can be applied on a variety of shapes, sizes, forms and surfaces, creating a hard, slippery, and corrosion resistant surface. It can be applied to internal diameters as well as down blind holes as well as threads and flutes. There is no loss in definition or profile of the surface and even scratches and blemishes, are reproduced in detail with 100% adhesion to the base metal.
Various industries have used Armoloy with great effect.
- Automotive – Engine and transmission parts such as valves, valve guides, pistons, gears and splines are protected without detrimental tolerance changes or variations.
- Food and Pharmaceutical Processing – Armoloy’s nodular Thin Dense Chromium protects processing equipment against wear and corrosion without lubrication. Armoloy coating resists attack by most organic and inorganic compounds, and is approved for use by the US FDA.
- Bearings and bearing surfaces coated with Armoloy can run longer and cooler and are comparable to a 440C Stainless Steel for corrosion protection.
- Plastic and Rubber Moulding — Plastic moulds have better release characteristics and reduced die wear when moulding abrasive materials. Armoloy is also applicable on slides and locks and rotating cores.
- Pumps and Valves with Armoloy coated components handle corrosive liquids and abrasive materials with longer life.
Successful Armoloy Applications
|Screw Assemblies||Chopping / Granulator Blades||Drill Bits for Soft Alloy||Measurement Gauges||Chutes/Hoppers|
|Shafts||Injection Screws||Punches for Aluminium||Bushings||Rods|
|Hinges||Pump Rotors||Gears||Seal Surfaces||Blades|
|Rails||Stainless Pump Housings||Collars||Nuts||Bolts|
|Power Screws||Thin Gauge Press Tools||Pump Pistons||Cutter Housings||Dowel Pins|
|Cylinders||Sprockets||Ejector Sleeves||Ejector Pins||Shear Blades|
|Rotary Knives||Guides||Valves||Valve Stems||Cavity Inserts|
|Splines||Pivot Pins||Locating pins||Wear Rings||Sliding cores|
|Valve Bodies||Ball Bearings||Bearing Races||Hammer Dies||Roller Guides|