Automotive Body Panel Tooling (ABPT) requires a special chrome layer for these large dies operating in a quality orientated, production driven body panel shops found in the automotive industry. This chrome has to perform under repeated load applications and has to wear off rather than peel. The ABPT chroming we offer is applied through a unique electro-chemical plating technique using state of the art equipment, as well as imported Japanese know-how and technology from a key Toyota supplier. The chrome deposit is also free of Hexavalent chrome.
The ABPT chrome is highly adherent, can be applied up to 25 µm thick and tightly follows the countours of even the most complicated tooling without the need for post grinding.
ABPT Chrome is a massive improvement over conventional hard chrome-plating technology, showing a substantially harder coating (> 72 HRc), vastly improved adhesion to the base materials and improved corrosion resistance.
ABPT chrome can also be applied to many other parts and components.
- High hardness and low friction
- High corrosion resistance
- High wear resistance
- Controlled thickness between 5 and 25 microns
- Very low micro-crack density
- Large capacity of 6m x 3m x 2.5m and weights of up to 20 tons
- Anti-seizure characteristics
- Less scoring and dirt spots
- Better formability – less splits and thinning
- Reduced downtime
- Increases cycle times
- Increased quality
- Extended tool life
- Can be stripped and recoated
- Quick turnaround time (24 – 36 hrs)
- Low coating temperatures (< 60°C)